Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Legos!!!

So when I was younger I loved Legos. My grandma had the bigger ones, in fact I don't even know if they were actual Lego brand, and my cousins and I would build towers all the way up to the ceiling! Or at least until we ran out of blocks...and that sound they made when they came crashing down, who doesn't love that sound? (I'll tell ya who, Gracie, that's who. Because she hasn't experienced the wonders of Legos.) We would make little cities or old tombs for our little Lego people to explore. Sadly this particular set didn't include any cars so we would normally build our own and pretend they had wheels. Until, that is, Grandma bought some new Legos that had cars and animals! That was our favorite toy to play with because everyone could be involved. We would all layout a basic (VERY basic) foundation, dubbing random blocks the "toilet" and "stove."

Then I got older and moved away from Legos a bit and more into Barbies and other dolls.

But now...OMG! There are so many different types of Legos!!
Now, I know what you're thinking. "You're old enough to be keeping a blog and yet you still play with Legos?!!" Yes. I am a teen who likes Legos. Because in my generation, for some reason all of the things that were cool when you were five are just as cool now. That and who can't resist exploding Spongebob's pineapple?

So tonight my step sister and I convinced my step mom that we needed a new board game. But when we got to Walmart there wasn't really anything interesting. My step sister is 8, so she isn't into the whole trying to guess a phrase thing that most group games are now days. We did consider Twister, but then we realized there is absolutely no where to set it up in our house. So we started looking at the other toys. Of course the cheap loud toys caught our attention and we were mildly entertained by that. But then we turned a corner and...There it was. The Lego aisle. Did you know they have entire Lego cities now? I certainty didn't!! There is this massive (for a Lego set it was massive) Police Station....we were in love. Only problem? $100. Sooo we decided that's going on the Christmas list. There were a bunch of vehicles. Some police vehicles, an awesome fire truck, this AMAZING air port!!! And a really cool police boat that looks like it floats in water...we weren't sure though. There were also Lego Creator sets. Basically it's 3 sets in one. My favorite one of those sets was the lighthouse. It could be a, get this, WORKING lighthouse, a boat launch station/dock, or a whale watching building. My step sister was in love with the Lego seagulls it came with (she has this thing for seagulls, I don't get it). And then we saw the ALIEN stuff!! My favorite one out of that collection was the UFO that was abducting a little farmer guy hahaha And there was also a brain sucking alien in one of the sets! (Ok, so I'm sure it's called something else, but it sure did look like he was sucking the guy's brains out.)

We had so many choices we didn't know what to get! We finally decided on the Police boat and the rest is on various birthday and Christmas lists. (Thankfully my step sis's birthday is less than a month away. We're hoping for the Police Station and Criminal Transport Vehicle as we realized there was no where to put the bad guy after we caught him.) We also told my step mom to buy herself and my dad one for their birthdays and then just give it to us.
Oh, we also left the store with some Play-Doh and a word scramble thing that my step mom wanted.

When we got home the real fun began! We cleared off the coffee table to have a good construction site that would hopefully make it easier to not lose any important pieces. When we took the hull of the boat out we discovered it was in one piece. Which is both good and not as good. It's good because it means it's water tight and should float. It's not good because that's like an hours worth of fun building time. We started constructing our boat and everything was going great. Until dinner time. We only had about a handful of pieces left but we had to stop. Then right after dinner was swim lessons for my step sister. I went along so I wouldn't be tempted to finish the boat. We completed our build and got a little play time in before bed. Can't wait to try it out in the tub tomorrow! It came with 3 people, 2 cops and 1 criminal. Two little hatches that will open up, one of which is big enough for the jet ski. Two life vests and some scuba gear, and of course the jet ski. I for one, think this definitely constitutes as a fair and amazing Lego pack. Now if only we can complete the town....


Here are some pictures of mentioned sets and possibly unmentioned, but still mention worthy, sets:

The 3-in-one Lighthouse/Whale Watching/Boat launch set
Our Police Boat- Isn't it epic??
Isn't this the coolest Police Station ever??? There is even grass!!!!

















The one-eyed thing is the brain sucker.























I love Legos. Plain and simple.
No it has nothing to do with Bones but it seems more people read my other posts if I tag Bones in them. If you don't like it...TOO BAD >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment