Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cute or creepy?

As I was skimming through some pictures on Google, I came across a picture of a baby in a highchair with red hair. Now something was off about this baby. Let's see if you can spot it:

That's right. That "baby" is a doll. But what I found really odd was that it wasn't a little girl's baby doll. But an adult woman's doll. Now I'm not saying this is wrong and unnatural, as the mothering instinct is very natural for women, but is this going a bit too far?
I went to the website that this picture was from and it was a forum of other people with similar dolls. They are known as reborn dolls.
Some of the dolls are actually quite adorable, but I can't see them as being used as anymore than for photography.

So, what's your take on it? Cute, or a little too out of the ordinary?

1 comment: