Friday, July 29, 2011

Why do people do this???

Ok, I'll admit that I like to read celebrity gossip online. But if I don't like a celebrity, I won't read the articles about them. That's sane and logical, isn't it?
What I've been noticing a LOT this year is that more and more people are reading articles about celebrities just to complain about it. It will be some little article about a celebrity baby and a ton of comments will be things such as "I'm so tired of hearing about this family" "this isn't news! I want real news!" And what really gets on my nerves is when people say the celebrity is annoying because they always say the same thing. Take for instance, Miranda Kerr. She had a baby boy (beautiful little guy!) back in January and so interviewers were asking her what the experience of childbirth was like. She gives ONE answer to ONE interviewer and everyone else takes that interview and quotes it in their articles. Then all of the comments are things such as "I'm so sick of her! She isn't the only woman to ever give birth!" or "She needs to shut up about this, we don't care how hard it was!" Really people?!?! Are you so blind that you don't realize that the EXACT same words are being quoted in hundreds of articles???
And back to the "this isn't news" thing. If you want real news, WTFreak are you doing in the entertainment section??? Entertainment sections consist of movie stars, singers, models, and anyone else who is considered a celebrity. So if you don't want to read about them, go somewhere else.

And then of course there are the people who think they know how to parent eeeeveryone's kids. I recently read an article about a little boy at a baseball game who was upset about not catching a foul ball. The commentators were laughing at his little pouty face and so they gave him a ball. No big deal, right? WRONG (according to the "I knoweth all" people). About 85% of the comments were horrible and nasty things such as "Now he's going to grow up to be a spoiled little brat!" "That kid needs to be spanked! I would never allow my kid to act like that!" Nobody realized that the kid was just lucky. Is it such a horrible thing to be lucky?? I highly doubt the majority of those commenters even watched the little video clip that was attached. You can clearly see that once the boy starts to complain to his dad his dad puts a stop to it. Obviously these parents know how to raise their kid. The poor boy was only 7 or so, and just because he got lucky fun-killers-united ganged up on him. Am I the only one who sees THAT as wrong?

And don't even get me started on trolls and articles about babies. Has humanity sunk so low that it's acceptable to refer to infants as "fugly" and "ugliest little brat I've ever seen"? They are babies! (Although, something in me is telling me that most of those people are guys...in which case it's sad that they are even reading about babies.)


Pssssssshhhhhheeeeeewwwwww. Felt good to get this off my chest.

I mean really, who could call this little guy ugly?



No comments:

Post a Comment