Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I take pride in my photoshop skills...

No matter how simple they are.

I feel like such a fan girl with this one...I'm not usually like this. But I was playing around and this is what happened. Hardest part: lighting. Definitely. It looks pretty basic but I actually did a lot of detail work with the dodge and burn tools. Favorite part: I love adding things like paper clips or pieces of tape to give a picture the look of actually being a three dimensional picture.










I like this one...it's simple yet pretty. This picture was already gorgeous (thank you perfect weather) so I just did some dodging on the highlights, burning in the shadows and cropped out some of the yucky grey sky. And of course added the pretties. Hardest part: I was originally going to try and make the sky blue. As you can see it didn't happen. Favorite part: I like the gold feathers. And with the twine crossing over them it looks like they are being held there.



This one is so simple it's ridiculous. I was just playing around and used this one tool that I can't remember the name of. It lets you pick part of your picture and then it has preset fixes. I've always loved color against black and white. Hardest part: Getting all of the edges just right so that they don't look too photoshopped. Of course I'm now seeing parts that I missed. Favorite part: Like I said, I'm a sucker for color against b/w.


















These are a bunch of inspiring quotes that are on this one wall at a memorial near where I live. It's a beautiful place and so peaceful. I decided to put all of these quotes into a collage. I did the colors to make them each stand out on their own. And I wanted to give the feeling that they are on a wall so I put the two with the top of the wall at the top, and the one with the bottom of the wall at the bottom. But I like how the tops don't meet. Hardest part: Sizing. I resized thousands of times, cut pieces out, squished and stretched over and over. And then I finally got it. Favorite part: They don't line up perfectly. It gives it a bit of an abstract look and isn't normally something I would go for.


Well...enjoy! And again, if you have any ideas for anything (frames, pictures, collages) leave a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment