Monday, March 12, 2012

*Head-desk*

You know what I hate? When someone complains about something and then turns around and does it. Such as (NOTE: This example is going to be based off of many threads I've seen in online forums):
Person 1: *Introduces idea* So what do you guys think?
Persons 2-6 agree in some form.
Person 7: I don't think that would work...*lists reasons why they disagree with it*
Person 4: You don't have to be so rude! Gosh the OP was just sharing an idea!
Person 6: Yeah, it seems like whenever someone has a different idea everyone just has to go and shut them down!
Persons 2-6 agree with each other in some way that Person 7 was trolling.
Person 1: Thanks guys, I guess some people just don't like hearing what other people have to say. You know what Person 7, if you aren't going to be nice you can just leave! This is my thread and you don't have the right to take it over!
Person 7: *Thinking: WTFREAK???? O.O*

It's ridiculous. Especially when you have a thread that is OBVIOUSLY based on sharing opinions and all of a sudden it becomes completely one sided and if you disagree with the stronger side then you are automatically a troll who is just trying to get attention and you should leave the thread because you're worthless and no one likes you.

DEAR PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET:

  • If you ask for an opinion EXPECT OPINIONS OF ALL KINDS. 
  • If you present an idea that will lead to different opinions SEE BULLET ONE.
  • If you start a thread with any deeper meaning or thought process put into it SEE BULLET ONE.
  • If you are just posting to share something you found out or you made something and wanted to share it....heck, SEE BULLET ONE. 
Basically if you are on the internet you should be aware that there really truly are real people behind that screen. I promise you. They have brains that work and form ideas and opinions. I assure you. So please, realize this when you go to post something. I've gotten into the habit of adding "If any of this seemed harsh/rude at all, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come across that way." to something if I feel it was too straightforward with not enough lighthearted comments. Heck I'll add it even with a plethora of witty and lighthearted comments. 

The point is...Karma. Yes, kids, I have a common theme today. Karma. If you are going to be a jerk, Karma is going to be a jerk (and so are all the people you come into contact with). So, don't be a jerk. And have a nice day.





...Which leads me to the song of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment