Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Why so serious?



I mean, really, why does everyone have to take things so freaking seriously all the time???

Ellen Degeneres posted this picture on Facebook:
And everyone starts freaking out. I mean, 80% of the comments are things like "That's not funny Ellen!" "That poor dog is being attacked by that raccoon!" "This has to be fake, no one in their right mind would let a raccoon do that to their dog!" "That dog is not ok! He's in a totally submissive pose!"
Only about 10% of the people are smart enough to realize "Hey, in some states it's legal to have things like raccoons and skunks as pets, it's probably just a pet" and "It's probably a pet, so it was raised with the dog, if he was really in trouble either he would fight back or the owners would take care of him."
And the other 10% are like me and just think it's a funny and cute odd animal friendship. And we therefore agree with the first [read as smart] 10% who isn't blinded by the stupidness of PETA. Ugh. Even just typing those letters makes me want to gag. Now don't get me wrong, I'm totally against animal abuse and I agree with the majority of the ideas that PETA is built on, but they do stupid things that really just makes people hate them.

ANYWAY:  This dog is not being hurt people! If the raccoon was actually attacking him, I can assure you the owners would not have gotten close enough to take this picture, and it would be a lot more graphic. Heck, DOGS PANT WHEN THEY'RE HOT PEOPLE!!!!! HE IS FREAKING PANTING! DO YOU UNDERSTAND MEEEE?!?!!

Now. Stop being so freaking serious all the time. Seriously, it's seriously annoying. I mean, seriously people. Seriously? Why can't we just look at a picture and laugh without having all these seriously annoying serious people from PETA and crap?








EDITORS NOTE: I agree with PETA on this: Abusing animals = BAD
I disagree with them on this: Hunting animals = BAD and Fur = BAD those two things have kept the human population from dying out. I have nothing against vegetarians and vegans, but those are alternative lifestyles that until modern times would not have been possible. Now we have access to food that grows on the other side of the world and synthetic fibers. But back before Walmart and Burlington, people had to hunt to get food for the winter and to have warm coats. So I therefore support the things that have kept humans alive for ages. I do, however, feel that hunting needs to be regulated because humans have been known to wipe out populations. Did you know that there was a giraffe like animal in North America before humans came from Asia and killed them all off?
Oh, and fur can be quite tacky. But if I were living in Alaska or Antarctica (I'd work at the post office), you better believe I'd have a fur coat! 


Ok, so PETA and I have like ONE thing in common...

No comments:

Post a Comment