Sunday, November 20, 2011

Drama Competition: Results (Part 1)

So, IT WAS AMAZING!!!! I had sooooo much fun!!! Even though I had to wake up early and it was cold on the bus ride there (and back) it was still fantastic. It was a great time to visit with friends and see some other really great performances. I also saw an old friend....though when I say "saw" I mean it literally. Never did get a chance to say hi.
Of course it was nerve wrecking as you walked into each round, but I can honestly say that I was not the worst in any round. We have rules for the competition. There is a minimum and maximum time. In all three rounds there was someone who had a REALLY short piece. Although, when I glanced at the timer after my last round, I became a little worried because my piece was only about 6 minutes...5 is the minimum and that felt like my slowest round. So I might have been too short on the other two rounds.
During the entertainment portion we watched some really great pieces. My favorites were the Unemployed Unicorns ("Let's do a lift!" *guy lifts other guy onto his shoulder* "Lift me higher! Like in Black Swan!" ""I watched that movie with my mom! Such a great family film!""). Those boys were hilarious! And this one about physical changes that happen when you're going through puberty (STD section: "Ew! It smells like you have herpagonnasyphlaids B!!"). Oh, and a student written scene called "Behind the screens." Can't remember any specific quotes from that one, but it was great!

In the end, our school went home with 2 pieces moving on to state, and one piece is a backup. But the exciting part is that one of our state pieces was written by a student, and a 10th grader at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment