Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pottermore

I recently received my welcome letter! I was so excited I felt like I was opening an acceptance letter to Hogwarts itself! I've already started going through it and.....well it leaves a lot to be desired. It is pretty cool but it seems a little basic. I do love how there are different levels on each screen and you can zoom in onto each one. But there aren't many interactive objects, and there is NO music. The music was a big disappointment. We all know the famous Harry Potter theme, but that was left out. For a moment I thought I heard some sounds, and then I realized my headphones were "weeking" (a term used in my family to describe guinea pig sounds, it's like a "wheek wheek"). 
The illustrations are magnificent! But there is so much more that can be done. Hopefully changes will be made within the next few months. 

WRITTEN: 8-26-11
I didn't release this upon writing it because I didn't want to give anything away, or discourage anyone. 

LATTER THAT EVENING...

OMG! I was so wrong! Ok, well not totally wrong, but quite wrong. The first few chapters are very boring and there isn't much to do. Then you start getting to collect little things. THEN you get to Diagon Alley and that's when things start opening up and becoming more interactive. Then once you get to Hogwarts you get sorted into a house. Your house will become very important as you and the other members of your house will earn points. You earn points by doing a ton of different things. The things that can get you the most points are dueling and making potions. Both fun, but both need LOTS of practice. You can also lose points. So be careful. 
I love the potion making but it takes FOREVER for the potions to brew. Spell casting can be difficult. If you are a hunt and peck typer then spells will not be your forte. 
The chapters themselves go through bursts of really interactive to very little interactions. But always keep your eyes peeled. You'll start off with 500 galleons, you can find more in various chapter. You can also find some potion ingredients that are VERY expensive to buy. You can also find chocolate frog cards. Finding the collectibles can earn you 1 pt each. 


I'm quite impressed. Can't wait for Book 2!!


Added November 1: OMG I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!! Fly my pretties! Hehehehehe *logs into pottermore*

No comments:

Post a Comment