Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What class is this again?

Ok, first of all I'm going to clarify something.
I have three names in Spanish class.
Paige.
Página (My Spanish name which is pronounced Pah-hee-na).
Page (The French pronunciation of my name [Pah-ge]).

So I walk into Spanish class and my teacher says "Hola, Paige. Page. *insert show-off face here* Bonjour, Page. Ça va? Ça va."
Here's what I'm still trying to figure out, is this actually Spanish class? Because there's a lot of French that gets used in that class. And at very random moments. Like discussing ways to say hello and goodbye. In Spanish. And then it some how became ways to say hello in different languages.

But I have to keep reminding my teacher that every time he uses French in Spanish class it really screws me up. Though, because of that, I've gotten really good at speaking French in my head while writing the words in Spanish. Especially for "mais" (pero) and "alors" (asi que). And "il y a" (hay).

No comments:

Post a Comment